“To actively promote respect for human rights and cultural diversity, to foster mutual self-respect and understanding, and promote amicable relations among all Adrian residents”.
The Human Relations Commission meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday at 7:00pm, in the City Chambers Building, at 159 East Maumee Street, Adrian, Michigan 49221. To view agendas and minutes for the Human Relations Commission, click here
- To be a vital resource for information to the Adrian community.
- To work towards the establishment of a sense of belonging for all members of the community.
- To foster respect for the differences of others and work to guarantee equal rights for all.
- To be a catalyst for open discussion and problem solving regarding issues of human rights.
- To support community-based activities and the expansion of existing programs which promote acceptance and highlights the contributions of diverse groups in the community.
- To offer educational programs that will contribute to carrying out the purposes and provisions of the Human Relations Commission.
- To work to ensure equal opportunity for all Adrian residents.
- To strive to eliminate prejudice, intolerance, discrimination, and combat all forms of bigotry in the community.
- Investigate discriminatory practices or the denial of full and equal accommodations, including but not limited to employment and housing.
- To develop research tools to measure and study the impact of the work on community relations.
Referrals to additional resources and appropriate agencies
Individuals seeking investigation of discriminatory or prejudicial practices may submit concerns to:City of Adrian
- The Human Relations Commission offers the following services and support to Adrian residents:
- Diversity and Multicultural Competence Training
- Public Forums
- Cultural Events
- Educational Programming including:
- Film Discussions
- Youth Programming
- Senior Support
ATTN: Human Relations Commission
135 E. Maumee St.
Adrian, MI 49221
Human Relations Commission Agendas & Minutes 2021
Mental Health Discussion Forum
Human Relations Commission Agendas & Minutes 2020
Bridging the Divide Discussion Forum