Human Relations Commission
“To actively promote respect for human rights and cultural diversity, to foster mutual self-respect and understanding, and promote amicable relations among all Adrian residents”.
The Human Relations Commission meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday at 7:00pm, in the City Chambers Building, at 159 East Maumee Street, Adrian, Michigan 49221. To view agendas and minutes for the Human Relations Commission, click here.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- To be a vital resource for information to the Adrian community.
- To work towards the establishment of a sense of belonging for all members of the community.
- To foster respect for the differences of others and work to guarantee equal rights for all.
- To be a catalyst for open discussion and problem solving regarding issues of human rights.
- To support community-based activities and the expansion of existing programs which promote acceptance and highlights the contributions of diverse groups in the community.
- To offer educational programs that will contribute to carrying out the purposes and provisions of the Human Relations Commission.
- To work to ensure equal opportunity for all Adrian residents.
- To strive to eliminate prejudice, intolerance, discrimination, and combat all forms of bigotry in the community.
- Investigate discriminatory practices or the denial of full and equal accommodations, including but not limited to employment and housing.
- To develop research tools to measure and study the impact of the work on community relations.
- The Human Relations Commission offers the following services and support to Adrian residents:
- Diversity and Multicultural Competence Training
- Public Forums
- Cultural Events
- Educational Programming including:
- Film Discussions
- Youth Programming
- Senior Support
Human Relations Commission Brochure
City of Adrian
ATTN: Human Relations Commission
135 E. Maumee St.
Adrian, MI 49221
|09/22/20 Regular Meeting||Agenda Video|
|08/25/20 Regular Meeting||Agenda Minutes Video|
|07/28/20 Regular Meeting||Agenda Minutes Video|
|02/25/20 Regular Meeting||Agenda|
|01/28/20 Regular Meeting||Agenda Minutes|