Trash and Recycling
Tuesdays are the scheduled trash pickup days for all City residents. Please have your bagged, household trash at curbside no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on Monday and no later than 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
If one of these holidays falls on a Monday or Tuesday, your trash will be picked up on Wednesday. HOLIDAYS INCLUDE: New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Christmas Day
- The City of Adrian trash contractor is Stevens Disposal. Stevens Disposal can be contacted at 1-800-779-0344 (Mon-Fri 8:00 am-5:00 pm).
- Trash must be at the curb by 7:00am.
- If your trash collection was missed, please call the Department of Public Works at 517-264-4888.
- No trash cans, trash totes, cardboard boxes, baskets of any kind are allowed to contain trash for pickup. Items not within a bag will not be picked up unless prior arrangements with Stevens Disposal have been made.
- Trash is limited to 6 bags per household and all trash must be bagged. Each bag cannot weigh more than 50 pounds.
- If you have more than 6 bags of trash, residents must call Stevens Disposal prior to trash pickup day and pay $1.00 for each extra bag.
Trash bills are sent to residents on a quarterly basis. The cost for trash service is $30.00 per quarter paid to the City of Adrian.
There is no “opt-out” for this service or fee.
Set up an automatic payment for garbage.
Large items (over 50 lbs or not in a bag) can be picked up for a $5.00 fee for each item. Residents must call Stevens Disposal prior to trash pickup day and make arrangements for pickup and to pay the fee.
Large items include:
- Appliances (freon must be removed and item tagged)
- Computer monitors
- Contact Stevens Disposal at 1-800-779-0344 (8:00 am-5:00 pm)
Please call Stevens Disposal for pricing on pickup of demolition materials (such as bricks, drywall, etc.).
For Hazardous Waste disposal call Lenawee County Solid Waste at 517-264-4546.
Curbside recycling is by subscription only, and is provided by Stevens Disposal. City residents that wish to begin recycling must fill out a recycling contract and prepay at City Hall, on the first floor at the payment window. Please click on the links at the bottom of the page for the Curbside Recycling Subscription and information on Curbside recycling. The cost for recycling is $31.80 per year.
Recycling is picked up every other Tuesday (depending on whether your address is North or South of Maumee Street), except on noted holidays which will move recycling to Wednesdays.
2020 Curbside Recycling Schedule
|Month||Maumee & South of Maumee||Maumee & North of Maumee|
|January||14, 28||7, 21|
|February||11, 25||4, 18|
|March||10, 24||3, 17, 31|
|April||7, 21||14, 28|
|May||5, 19||12, 27|
|June||2, 16, 30||9, 23|
|July||14, 28||7, 21|
|August||11, 25||4, 18|
|September||9, 22||1, 15, 29|
|October||6, 20||13, 27|
|November||3, 17||10, 24|
|December||1, 15, 29||8, 22|
Lenawee County Recycling Drop Off
Lenawee County operates a drop off site at the following address:
306 River Street (Corner of Race St and River St)
Hours of Operation: Daily 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Contact Information: Lenawee County Solid Waste Department 517-264-4511 or visit the Lenawee County Website.
Curbside Recycling Letter & Subscription
Trash & Recycling Guidelines
City Services Brochure