Trash and Recycling
Tuesdays are the scheduled trash pickup days for all City residents. Please have your totes of household trash at curbside no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on Monday and no later than 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
If one of these holidays falls on a Monday or Tuesday, your trash will be picked up on Wednesday. HOLIDAYS INCLUDE: New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Christmas Day
- The City of Adrian trash contractor is Stevens Disposal. Stevens Disposal can be contacted at 1-800-779-0344 (Mon-Fri 8:00 am-5:00 pm).
- If your trash collection was missed, please call the Department of Public Works at 517-264-4888.
- Residents are limited to what can fit in the provided 96 gallon Stevens Disposal Cart ("tote").
- Refuse shall be set out for pick-up on the city right-of-way. Carts are not to be placed in the street or sidewalk. Carts shall not be set out for pick-up prior to 6:00pm in the evening before the scheduled day of pick-up. Any refuse set out after 7:00am may result in the failure of pick-up. Carts are to be removed from the right-of-way by 7:00am the day following trash collection.
- No person shall give permission to another individual to place refuse or other waste material in the public right-of-way for collection when such waste material was not generated by the private premises immediately adjacent to such private right-of-way.
- Exclusions: Refuse collection excludes the following materials:
- yard waste
- metal pipes
- auto parts
- building materials
- motor oils
- dead animals
- NO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Large items (over 50 lbs or not in a bag) can be picked up for a $10.00 fee for each item. Residents must come to City Hall to purchase a sticker to place on each item. Once the sticker has been purchased, the City will notify Steven's to retrieve the marked items.
Large items include:
- Appliances (freon must be removed and item tagged)
- Computer monitors
Please call Stevens Disposal for pricing on pickup of demolition materials (such as bricks, drywall, etc.).
For Hazardous Waste disposal options visit the Lenawee Solid Waste FAQ or call 517-264-4511.
Curbside recycling is also available for residents of the City of Adrian. It is co-mingled recycling, so you do not need to sort your recyclable items and all recyclables go in the Stevens Disposal supplied 96 gallon cart. Items should be loose and not bagged. Recycling is picked up every other week on Tuesdays.
2023 Curbside Recycling Schedule
|Month||Maumee & South of Maumee||Maumee & North of Maumee|
|January||10, 24||3, 17, 31|
|February||7, 21||14, 28|
|March||7, 21||14, 28|
|April||4, 18||11, 25|
|May||2, 16, 31||9, 23|
|June||13, 27||6, 20|
|July||11, 25||5, 18|
|August||8, 22||1, 15, 29|
|September||6, 19||12, 26|
|October||3, 17, 31||10, 24|
|November||14, 28||7, 21|
|December||12, 27||5, 19|
Lenawee County Recycling Drop Off
Lenawee County operates a drop off site at the following address:
307 River Street (Corner of Race St and River St)
For current hours of operation or more information about recycling, visit the Lenawee County Solid Waste Website.
Acceptable Material Recycling Guidelines