Shut Off Assistance
Options for accounts in Shut Off Status:
Sign a One-Week Extension by clicking here
- Available to anyone who has received a pink notice labeled SHUT OFF NOTICE at the top.
- Submissions must be made no later than 11:59PM on the shut off due date listed on your notice. Submissions made after the shut off day listed on your notice will not be honored.
- This extension allows for the due date of the shut off to be extended by one week.
- Paper applications are available at City Hall at the first floor teller windows.
- There are a variety of service organizations who may be able to help in the payment of your water/sewer bill. Listed below are a few that are commonly used.
- Region Community Action Agency: (517) 263-7861 www.caajlh.org
- Housing Help of Lenawee: (517) 264-0782
- Department of Health & Human Services: (517) 264-6300
- Saint Mary's Catholic Church: (517) 266-0378
- Holy Family Parish of Adrian: (517) 263-4681
- Ogden Church: (517) 265-6621
- Water, Gas & Electric Meter must be installed.
- During the months of October - April:
- Property must have heat for 24 hours prior to turn on.
- If water has been off for more than 48 hours, someone must be present at the time of turn on.
- During the months of May - September:
- If water has been off for more than 2 weeks, someone must be present at the time of turn on.
The City of Adrian Utilities Department is located on the first floor of the City Hall Building located at
135 E. Maumee Street in downtown Adrian next to the historic Croswell Opera House.
The Utilities Department is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, or you may call (517) 264-4821.
Utilities Office Manager
135 E. Maumee St.
Adrian, MI 49221
Business Hours Emergency Phone:
After Hours Emergency Phone: