ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUESTS
ABSENTEE VOTER BALLOT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO EVERY VOTER WHO REQUESTS A BALLOT BY MAIL. ONCE THE SIGNED APPLICATION IS RETURNED A BALLOT CAN BE MAILED TO YOU.
- IF YOU ARE ON THE PERMANENT ABSENTEE BALLOT VOTER LIST, AN APPLICATION WILL BE MAILED TO YOU FOR EVERY ELECTION HELD IN THE CITY OF ADRIAN.
- WE CANNOT ISSUE A BALLOT UNLESS AN APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY A VOTER.
**Absentee ballots can be sent out by mail until 5:00 pm the Friday before the election. **
- To obtain an Absentee Ballot:
- Online by visiting the Secretary of State’s website. This request will be submitted to the City of Adrian electronically.
- Call the City Clerk's office at 517-264-4866 to request an application for the ballot. (You must sign the application and return it before the ballot can be issued.)
- Come to the 2nd floor of City Hall to the City Clerk’s office until 4:00 pm the Monday before the election. (If the ballot is issued on the Monday before election day, it must be voted at the City Clerk's Office.)
- The City Clerk's Office will always be open the Saturday before an election to allow for voter registration and to issue and receive absentee ballots.
- The City of Adrian has an Absentee Ballot Drop Box located at the back of City Hall.
- The Absentee Ballot Drop Box is monitored by a security camera.
- Any questions should be directed to the City of Adrian, City Clerk’s Office at 517-264-4866 or 517-264-4833.
- You can email the City Clerk's Office at AdrianCityClerk@adrianmi.gov.
Emergency Absentee Ballots
You may be eligible for an emergency Absentee ballot if a family death or illness requires you to leave your community on Election Day, or you are unable to attend the polls because of personal illness or accident.
The emergency must have occurred late enough that you could not file a regular Absentee ballot request. Have someone deliver your written request for an emergency Absentee ballot to the City Clerk’s office before 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
To be counted emergency ballots must be returned on Election Day to either City Hall or the Lenawee County Fairgrounds, Merchants Building by 8:00 p.m.