Absentee ballot requests:
- APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO EVERY VOTER WHO REQUESTS A BALLOT BY MAIL. ONCE THE SIGNED APPLICATION IS RETURNED A BALLOT CAN BE MAILED TO YOU.
- IF YOU ARE ON OUR PERMANENT ABSENTEE BALLOT VOTER LIST, AN APPLICATION WILL BE MAILED TO YOU FOR EVERY ELECTION HELD IN THE CITY OF ADRIAN.
- WE CANNOT ISSUE A BALLOT UNLESS AN APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY A VOTER.
**Absentee ballots can be obtained by mail until 5:00 pm the Friday before the election. **
- To obtain an Absentee Ballot:
- Visit the Secretary of State’s website to fill out the application to request an absentee ballot. This request will be submitted to the City of Adrian electronically.
- Call the City Clerk's office at 517-264-4866 and an application will be mailed to you. (You must sign the application and return it before the ballot can be sent.)
- Come to the 2nd floor of City Hall to the City Clerk’s office until 4:00 pm the Monday before the election. (If the ballot is issued on Monday, it must be voted at the City Clerk's Office and cannot be taken with you.)
- You may take the ballot with you and return it to the City Clerk's Office by 8:00 pm on Election Day OR
- Vote the ballot in person at City Hall.
- The City Clerk's Office will always be open the Saturday before an election to allow for voter registration and to issue and receive absentee ballots.
- The City of Adrian now has an Absentee Ballot Drop Box located at the back of City Hall. You can place the ballots in the drop box or drop them off at City Hall on the 2nd floor at the City Clerk’s Office at 135 E. Maumee Street, Adrian.
- Any questions should be directed to the City of Adrian, City Clerk’s Office at 517-264-4866 or 517-264-4833.
- You can email the City Clerk's Office at AdrianCityClerk@adrianmi.gov.
Emergency Absentee Ballots
You may be eligible for an emergency Absentee ballot if a family death or illness requires you to leave your community on Election Day, or you are unable to attend the polls because of personal illness or accident.
The emergency must have occurred late enough that you could not file a regular Absentee ballot request. Have someone deliver your written request for an emergency Absentee ballot to the City Clerk’s office before 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
To be counted emergency ballots must be returned on Election Day to either City Hall or the Lenawee County Fairgrounds, Merchants Building by 8:00 p.m.